Andrew A. Goodman focuses his practice in the areas of insolvency and bankruptcy. He has over 30 years of experience handling both debtor and creditor matters. Mr. Goodman's clients include institutional and asset based lenders, secured and unsecured creditors, judgment creditors, landlords, bankruptcy trustees, business and consumer debtors. Andy handles a variety of industries, including manufacturing, real estate, franchise, entertainment, retail, and food products. His expertise ranges from institutional clients, entrepreneurs, family businesses, to multi-million dollar businesses.
Representative matters include:
‣Represented Chapter 11 Trustee in connection with filing by individual with significant real estate and investment holdings. Confirmed a Plan of Reorganization which paid creditors in full with interest.
‣Represented owner of Bed and Breakfast Hotel in Chapter 11. Confirmed Plan of Reorganization over objection of secured creditor.
‣Represented secured creditors/sellers of a business in Chapter 11 of the purchaser of the business. Successfuly negotiated a settlement and restructuring of the obligation to allow confirmation of a Plan and payment to the secured creditor.
‣Represented owner of plastic molding company in Chapter 11. Negotiated a sale of the factory owned by Debtor with a lease-back to the Debtor to avoid the substantial costs of moving.
‣Represented an individual Chapter 11 debtor subject to large judgment by former partner. Successfuly negotiated a settlement and structured dismissal of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
‣Represented commercial tenant in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by landlord for the purpose of terminating tenants' multi-year lease. Obtaining relief to allow litigation against the Debtor to proceed in State Court and seeking appointment of a bankruptcy trustee and/or dismissal based on a bad faith filing.
‣Represented Franchisor with more than 25 franchise locations in Southern California in Chapter 11 bankruptcy resulting in confirmation of a consensual Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization.
‣Represented secured lender in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by franchisee owner of eleven Denny's restaurants. Successfully negotiated with Debtor and Bankruptcy Trustee a sale of the restaurants through bankruptcy-supervised auction.
‣Represented buyer of multiple franchises locations from Chapter 11 debtor located.
- 2015-2013, 2010-2006 Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- Past Chair, Bankruptcy Committee, LACBA Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Pro Bono, LACBA/Public Counsel
- State of California, 1984
- State of Nevada, 1992
- State of New York, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- B.A., Pitzer College, Claremont, California
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 1984